Makes 18 standard cupcakes.
Click here for a printable version of the recipe. .
2 cups all-purpose flour
2-1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 sticks (8 tablespoons) unsalted butter, softened
3-1/2 ounces (1/2 package) almond paste
1 cup sugar
3 large eggs
1 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line 18 muffin cups with paper liners.
2. Whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl.
3. In another medium bowl, with an electric mixer on medium speed, beat the butter, almond paste, and sugar until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
3. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Reduce the speed to low and add the flour mixture alternately with the milk in batches, beginning and ending with the flour mixture and beating just until blended. Stir in the vanilla.
4. Spoon half of the batter into a ziplock bag. Snip a 1/4-inch corner from the bag and fill the liners two-thirds full. Repeat with the remaining batter. Bake until golden and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 15 to 20 minutes. Remove the cupcakes from the baking pan, place on a wire rack, and allow to cool completely.